Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back Again

Here are a few more technology tips and tricks that I have been using and trying out this year in my classroom.

Digital Storytelling:

Last year my Spanish III class created an iMovie based on a Spanish language learning sitcom that I download from Discovery Education. They wrote and produced the movie using their laptops and then edited their footage to produce the following product. We then had a red-carpet premiere for the entire school.














Google Earth

I know I've talked about Google Earth before, but I just think it's awesome. Plus, it is always getting better and new features are being added. One feature that I just recently found out about is a "virtual tour" of sorts of el Museo del Prado in Madrid. You can travel to Madrid and take a look, in high resolution, of some incredible works of art.

Apple Learning Interchange


It's not just for Apple users. This a community for educators to connect with other educators and create and share lesson plans and ideas for the classroom.

Delicious.com

Delicious is a cite to store all of your bookmarks. You can also share the links you bookmark with others and they can share theirs with you.

Twitter

This is something new (for me), that I have just started to explore. It has some of the social networking aspects of facebook or myspace, but also has the potential to be used for learning. I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate this into my classroom. Any ideas?

No comments: